Welcome to Our Lady & St Chad Catholic Academy ‘Team OLSC’ recruitment site.
Our Lady & St Chad Catholic Academy is a vibrant school, gaining rapidly in popularity amongst parents and students. The Academy has recently been assessed by the Local Authority as being ideal for expansion, based on popularity (number of first choices by parents), site, standards and leadership.
Staff share in the philosophy of ‘Strong Alone, Unstoppable Together’ and have an excellent and inspiring approach to the school community.
Staff development is a priority and staff are empowered to continue their own learning. Building a strong staff who are encouraged to aim high in their own careers, we equip them to unclip the wings of every child and promote excellence in all areas.
Alongside external training opportunities, the Academy has introduced a series of highly successful programmes that include:
- Early identification of Future Middle Leaders – Accredited, bespoke MPQML
- Introduction of Teaching and Learning Practitioner roles
- Aspiring Vice Principals and Principals Pope John XXIII Catholic Multi Academy Company. Our first cohort of four participants all gained new posts within the MAC, three of whom are now Heads of School within Primary Partner Schools.
- SCITT Partnership for initial teacher training with Newman University and Partners.
- Leadership Academy – in partnership with Edge Hill University.
- Kagan strategies for engaging learning.
Staff expectations of learning are that we Secure Resilience to Failure, Demand More and Inspire Curiosity.
Team OLSC offer staff a caring, determined and ever-developing environment in which to grow and feel valued, whilst truly making a difference to the lives of our students. Our staff and students deeply care about and model the core values that are highlighted in our Mission Statement:
Please do not hesitate to contact the Academy if you would like to arrange a visit.
Kindest wishes for your future,