Why work for us
Why work for us
Since 2014 our trust has been honoured to receive more than 25 local, regional and national prominent awards, including the prestigious HSJ Provider Trust of the Year Award and the HSJ Patient Safety award for 2014–15. These awards both recognise and demonstrate we are one of the fastest improving and highest performing trusts in the UK. In addition, we were recently named as one of 2015's best places to work by the HSJ.
- Business Intelligence has in itself won HSJ, eHealth Insider (EHI), CHKS and other national accolades.
We offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Holidays – Our staff are entitled to 27 days holiday which increases to 29 days and then 33 days after 5 and 10 years’ service.
- Pension Scheme – the NHS Pension Scheme is still one of the best pension schemes available.
- Flexible working – we support flexible working where we can; this includes flexible hours, agile working, etc.
- Training & Development – we are only the 2nd Trust to get Level 2 accreditation with the Information Skills Development Network for our promotion and investment into Continued Professional Development (CPD)
What our staff say about us
Here are some excerpts from our recent anonymous Staff Survey
- "I am proud to work for WWL and to help the organisation provide first class healthcare to my community."
- "WWL is a great place to work and staff are always encouraged to do their best."
- "I love coming to work. I'm so proud to work here, the Trust has improved amazingly. It's the best place I've worked at for a long time, I wouldn't want to work anywhere else."
- "I always give 100% and I get immense satisfaction from my role."
- "I am proud to work for WWL which puts its quality of care of our patients at the forefront of everything it does."