Premium template - client text
About The Outward Bound Trust
The Outward Bound Trust is the UK’s leading charitable provider of outdoor learning courses for young people, with six residential centres based in spectacular wild locations across the country.
Prior to the Covid19 pandemic we worked with 25,000 young people each year, helping to build resilience, self-confidence and wider skills to support the transition into life ahead. We enable access for all through our wide-reaching donor-funded bursary programmes.
We are experiencing a strong recovery after the pandemic and are looking forward to the next stage in our development, where we are ever more focussed on the critical role we can play in responding to the educational, emotional and social problems that challenge the well-being and resilience of this generation of young people.
To inspire young people to believe they can achieve more than they ever thought possible.
Our Core Values
- A belief that we all have undiscovered potential; we aim to create moments when everyone can see and believe in themselves as never before and to translate such moments into lessons for everyday life.
- A belief in the power and intensity of learning through adventure; as a means of bringing out the best in people.
- A deep appreciation of the balance between risk, reward and responsibility; we want people to have intense experiences with real consequences and powerful, positive and memorable outcomes.
- A spirit of respect and compassion; we aim to stretch people both physically and mentally. In doing so we act with care, concern and generosity towards people and the natural environment.
- A belief that everyone has the right to feel valued, welcomed and encouraged to be themselves; at the heart of this is a recognition that everyone benefits from a variety of experiences, ideas and perspectives. A strong organisation is diverse and inclusive.