A newly created opportunity has opened for an enthusiastic and self-motivated IT Desktop Support Engineer.
IT Desktop Support Engineer vacancy at Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust Salary £24,907 - £30,615 per annum and generous benefits package including 27 days annual leave and NHS pension scheme.
Hays IT are working in partnership with Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust to recruit an IT Desktop Support Technician on a permanent basis. Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust are the county’s main provider of Community, Mental Health and Learning Disability services and additionally, from April 2020, will also be the main provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services to Herefordshire. With services for people of all ages, ranging from health visiting, speech & language therapies and physical and mental health care for children and young people through to a full range of services for adults and older people, including occupational therapy, physiotherapy and dementia care.
Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust realise the significant contribution digital technology and services can make to improving clinical services to their patients across Herefordshire and Worcestershire. The Trust’s IT team is embarking on a major service remodelling programme to in-source a full range of IT services and to improve their digital support and innovation offering. Their management team is driven by a desire to support their clinical services and thereby, their patients, but they need to expand their team with like-minded recruits to facilitate this.
They intend to build a team who will, at every level, be driven in the same way to provide the very best.
- Providing a quality 1st, 2nd and 3rd line desktop technical support service to the IT department’s customers. This may be in person or via remote methods and will include call logging, reactive support calls, planned maintenance as well as new installations and project work
- Logging, updating and closing calls in a professional manner ensuring that call detail is accurate and extensive enough to be used effectively by anyone in IT for purposes ranging from support provision through to call review and statistical analysis.
- Configure, upgrade, patch and troubleshoot Desktop hardware and software to ensure the stability of the service/software and that possible configuration issues are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- Respond to, and resolve, incidents logged via the service desk System.
- Take responsibility for other projects as delegated to by the IT Service Delivery Manager.
- Plan, develop, manage and implement projects relating to technical and desktop support throughout their complete life cycle.
- Ensuring that all calls, queries and service comments (complaints & commendations) are actioned, classified and processed in accordance with IT Department and Trust standing procedures.
- Provide input into the formulation and on-going development of IT procedures affecting the sphere of Desktop Technical Support.
- Provide advice to others within the IT department on issues relating to Desktop Technical Support.
- Participate in the on-call rota which provides emergency IT cover for systems and networks agreed to be critical to patient care across the county. This involves responding to calls, outside the normal support hours of the IT Department, regarding failure of systems or equipment that effect patient care.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a desktop Support environment
- Experience of complex IT system fault analysis, diagnosis and resolution
- Previous experience of 1st or 2nd line technical support
- Previous experience of using Service Desk/Helpdesk software
- Experience of desktop client imaging and patching technology
- Microsoft Qualification or equivalent
- Full clean manual UK car licence – travel is required as part of this role
- Methodical, analytical, calm, self-motivated, confident and have the ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Ability to advise, guide and communicate technical issues to non-technical staff
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Ability to log and maintain accurate records and to follow documented processes and procedures
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.