A newly created opportunity has opened for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Senior IT Server Manager
Senior IT Server Manager vacancy at Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust Salary £38,890 - £44,503 per annum and generous benefits package including 27 days annual leave and NHS pension scheme.
Hays IT are working in partnership with Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust to recruit a Senior IT Server Manager n on a permanent basis. Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust are the county’s main provider of Community, Mental Health and Learning Disability services and additionally, from April 2020, will also be the main provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services to Herefordshire. With services for people of all ages, ranging from health visiting, speech & language therapies and physical and mental health care for children and young people through to a full range of services for adults and older people, including occupational therapy, physiotherapy and dementia care.
Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust realise the significant contribution digital technology and services can make to improving clinical services to their patients across Herefordshire and Worcestershire. The Trust’s IT team is embarking on a major service remodelling programme to in-source a full range of IT services and to improve their digital support and innovation offering. Their management team is driven by a desire to support their clinical services and thereby, their patients, but they need to expand their team with like-minded recruits to facilitate this. They intend to build a team who will, at every level, be driven in the same way to provide the very best.
- Be responsible for supporting the IT Datacentre Infrastructure including Windows Server Systems, Virtualisation Services, Storage Systems and Backup and Recovery Services, in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and in accordance with appropriate standards.
- To maintain and support a number of backend systems and solutions currently in use within WHCT including but not limited to:
- Physical Servers
- Virtual Platforms
- Storage Arrays
- Backup Solutions
- Thin Client Technologies
- Datacentre environment
- Assisting in the planning, installation and commissioning of new hardware and systems or enhancements to support the development of services at WHCT, based upon business requirements and priorities. This includes responsibility for the maintenance, repair or adaptation of complex hardware and software applications and systems in use within the Trust.
- Undertake Active Directory administration and maintenance including OU Structure, Group Policy and the assignment of rights and access permissions.
- Maintain regular backups of Servers, associated systems, and ensure regular tests are carried out to monitor the performance of backups to ensure they are in line with the WHCT IT Disaster Recovery (DR) Policy.
- Monitor and manage the cause of automated alerts triggered from Server and associated system management tools and take remedial action to maintain agreed Service Levels and prevent recurrence wherever possible.
- Ensure all Server and associated system changes are assessed for impact and support scheduled changes, attending CAB meetings when appropriate.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must have the following skills and experience:
- In depth knowledge of current and emerging Information Systems Technologies including Windows Server, Unix, Virtualisation technologies, Thin client, Enterprise storage and SAN platforms.
- In depth knowledge of Server and Operating System technologies and their administration, maintenance and support.
- Good Knowledge in network protocols including TCP/IP (wired and wireless), DNS, DHCP
- Experience of successful planning and delivery, on time and within budget, of complex IT projects
- Experience of managing change in an IT environment
- Experience of trouble shooting complex IT technical issues within ICT infrastructures
- Knowledge of ITIL in a complex IT setting
- Educated to Degree level in IT or with significant IT Server support experience
- Relevant technical professional qualification in IT e.g MCSA, CompTIA A+
- Experience and knowledge of: SQL, DHCP, Azure, Solarwinds, WSUS, Microsoft and Cisco mix
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.