A newly created opportunity has opened for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Senior Network Manager.
Senior Network Manager vacancy at Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust Salary £38,890 - £44,503 per annum and generous benefits package including 27 days annual leave and NHS pension scheme.
Hays IT are working in partnership with Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust to recruit a Senior Network Manager on a permanent basis. Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust are the county’s main provider of Community, Mental Health and Learning Disability services and additionally, from April 2020, will also be the main provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services to Herefordshire. With services for people of all ages, ranging from health visiting, speech & language therapies and physical and mental health care for children and young people through to a full range of services for adults and older people, including occupational therapy, physiotherapy and dementia care.
Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust realise the significant contribution digital technology and services can make to improving clinical services to their patients across Herefordshire and Worcestershire. The Trust’s IT team is embarking on a major service remodelling programme to in-source a full range of IT services and to improve their digital support and innovation offering. Their management team is driven by a desire to support their clinical services and thereby, their patients, but they need to expand their team with like-minded recruits to facilitate this. They intend to build a team who will, at every level, be driven in the same way to provide the very best.
- To support the Infrastructure Services Manager to provide technical support, implementation and maintenance of network infrastructure and related technical equipment, supporting the current and future clients of the IT service.
- To provide 3rd line systems support to our clients through assisting with the resolution of incidents and proactive monitoring of the infrastructure
- To provide specialist non-clinical advice on infrastructure systems and their impact on the Trusts’ systems to ensure that their reliability and accessibility is not compromised. Activities may in-directly affect patient care.
- The post holder will be required to use fine tools in the maintenance and upgrade of infrastructure equipment and PCs and the construction of specialist cables.
- Ensure that all equipment installed meets any safety and installation requirements.
- The post holder will be required to analyse and assess complex technical data and information (e.g. analysis of IP routing tables, router configuration, telephony routing tables and cloud based call handling systems, to resolve a complex service affecting problem).
- The post holder will be required to research internet sources in the fault resolution process after discussions with senior technicians and to be involved in equipment and network testing prior to installation.
- Using the Network Monitoring tools available to monitor the network for service failures, performance problems and degradation of operations.
- Using the Telephony systems available, maintain the telephony infrastructure to defined standards to ensure the continuous provision of services.
- Assist the Network Infrastructure Manger with the design and preparation of plans and specifications for current and future infrastructure strategy.
- Assist the Network Manager in the ordering of Network & Communications equipment as specified by the Network Infrastructure Manager.
- The post holder will be required to take part in an on-call rota, providing emergency out of hours support for identified partners.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in Network Lead or Network Leadership role where you have contributed to organisational standards and policy
- Demonstrable experience in a complex network support role with proven experience of troubleshooting and maintaining enterprise network equipment
- Demonstrable experience or knowledge of total large systems management, tools and processes used in an enterprise network for managing IP addresses, network monitoring and interrogating and interpreting system logs.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting legacy analogue telephony systems and their cabling, preferably Siemens iSDX systems and peripheral equipment (handsets, cabling frames etc)
- Demonstrable knowledge of VoIP systems and their underlying network configuration such as QoS. Experience of supporting VoIP telephony network and system.
- To have thorough theoretical and demonstrable practical experience of the networking elements of Microsoft Operating Systems. These to include network configuration, TCP/IP, DCHP. DNS, WINS and Active Directory.
- IT related degree in an IT related subject or equivalent (e.g Electrical Electronic or Communication).
- Industry standard ICT qualification in networks such as CCENT, CCNA, CompTIA Network+ or equivalent qualification or have relevant experience.
- Industry standard qualification in VoIP Telephony such as Mitel MCA or equivalent qualification or have relevant experience.
- Experience and knowledge of: HSCN, Sophos, RDS, Bittium
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV