Qualified Management Accountant
Competitive salary dependent on experience
About the role
Your new company
Story Homes are a UK property developer with 30 years experience creating aspirational new houses throughout Cumbria, the North East, Lancashire and Scotland. As a recognised quality brand and employer of choice throughout Cumbria, Hays Senior Finance is delighted to be partnered with Story Homes to recruit a Qualified Management Accountant to join their north regional team at their head office based in Carlisle. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the management accountant will join Story’s hardworking North and Scotland finance team.
Your new role
Working closely with, and supporting the Finance Manager, you will be integral in the collation, input, presentation and analysis of data/information to deliver the weekly reporting, management reporting and business planning process. Typical duties will include:
- Accurate input of information into relevant systems to drive weekly reporting;
- Preparation of weekly sales & build reporting;
- Completion of the daily & weekly cashbook inc. reconciliations & input to reporting system;
- Preparation of journals (inc. recodes, accruals, prepayments) as outlined in the month end task list;
- Review of assigned profit & loss areas including investigating any anomalies, preparing journals & to explain the monthly movements to Finance Manager;
- Monthly reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts with supporting detail provided for review by Finance Manager;
- Rollover & preparation of month end reporting;
- Support to the RFM with collating data, inputting this into the business plan model & preparing reports for validation by Finance Manager;
- Preparation of cashflow receipt movements to support Finance Manager with cashflow management & projections;
- Processing of weekly legal completions inc. reconciliation to ledgers/across systems to inform the month end position. Includes investigating and resolving differences with sales dept;
- Regular reconciliation of sales proceeding position & of house sale debtors;
- Key support to the Purchase Ledger Administrators with supplier reconciliations & tracking performance of invoices approved;
- Demonstrate understanding & compliance with appropriate manuals & guides;
- Undertake any ad-hoc tasks, reporting or analysis as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) ideally with 2 years post qual experience. You will have experience of working with a commercial finance team or you will be currently working in accountancy practice with exposure to working with commercial clients.
Candidates with experience in the construction or contracting industry will be highly desirable
You will have a strong technical ability, commercial acumen and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
You will have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with internal and external personnel at all levels.
Advanced excel skills and good knowledge of accountancy packages is essential.
What you'll get in return
- This is a full time permanent role (Hours of work: Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm and Fridays 8am – 3pm).
- Salary up to 35k per annum plus annual bonus of up to 20%
- 5% pension contribution
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Cycle to work scheme and a range of national discounts
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Laura Latimer for a confidential discussion.
For an informal conversation about Mendip, please contact Laura Latimer on 0122 8515 795
or email Laura.Latimer@hays.com