Job title: Support Officer (Mental Health)
Contract: Full time, Permanent £21,955 per annum
Rota basis: 8am-4pm / 10am-6pm / 1pm – 9pm / at least one sleep in a week
Start date: As soon as possible
Your new role
11 units scheme where you will be supporting people with Mental Health conditions and/or at risk of homelessness, substance misuse, criminal backgrounds, etc. You will provide practical and emotional support to vulnerable people to help them sustain their homes and to live in the community, monitoring their wellbeing and referring onto more specialist staff if necessary. Your role will consist on:
• Creating an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence.
• Using SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
• Providing emotional support, goal setting and group working.
• Administering medication & ensure appropriate records are maintained.
• Signposting to specialist agencies, social services and/or public health
• Offering assistance with budgeting and benefits
• Monitoring Health and Safety elements of the supported housing accommodation
• Updating Risk Management Plans and raising safeguarding concerns as appropiate
How you will be successful on this role
• You will have experience working with Mental Health conditions and/or at risk of homelessness, substance misuse, criminal backgrounds, etc.
• You will have experience liaising with relevant agencies or entities to support and protect vulnerable people like the above
• You will have experience updating Risk Management Plans, Support Plans and raising safeguarding concerns as appropriate
• You will hold an NVQ 2 or above relevant to this post
If this sounds like you please reply with your most up to date CV now!
If this job isn´t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
If you know someone that would be interested in this don´t let them miss out!