Registered provider Liaison lead officer – public sector – Central London– Interim– Inside IR35
Your new company
On behalf of our client, a public sector organisation in West London, Hays are currently seeking a Registered Provider Liaison Lead Officer to join the Housing Needs Department within the Housing and Social Investment Directorate.
Your new role
In your new role you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- need to develop effective relationships with Registered Providers partners working in the Borough, with the GLA, and with internal services such as Environmental Health, Planning and Benefits and Revenues.
- develop contacts with the GLA and other boroughs as appropriate to support the provision of accommodation for the residents.
- will advise on s.106 and other legal agreements covering the provision of affordable housing, exploring s.106 budget opportunities and seeking to ensure that homes provided are appropriate to the needs by tenure, size, amenity and accessibility, and location.
- will assist in monitoring Registered Provider investment and disinvestment plans. Working with Planning, you will help to develop policies and procedures that maximise the investment in existing and especially new affordable homes in the Borough.
- act as a central point of liaison with Registered Providers on key Housing priorities such as tenancy sustainment and homelessness prevention, improving tenant employment and training opportunities, maximising the number of homes made available to residents on the Housing Register, improving standards in Registered Provider homes, and deepening tenant engagement.
In order to be considered:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent, or substantial experience of the role.
• Evidence of current working knowledge of housing policy and practice in London.
• Strong experience and demonstrable ability to develop and manage complex relationships.
• To be self managing and self motivating with good workload management skills.
• Ability to prioritise work and complete tasks quickly while under pressure.
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to delivering better housing outcomes for residents, and the knowledge of how to do so.
• Ability to analyse and plan strategically to ensure work develops to meet emerging needs and challenges.
• Proven ability to engage intuitively and effectively with residents, working to co-design services where possible.
• Proven ability to negotiate effectively with senior partners.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to write coherent, comprehensive briefs and reports
What you'll get in return
• possibility to work for a well-established public sector organisation
• competitive daily rate
• good location and good transports links
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.