Interim job - Major Works Project Manager - Inside IR35 - South London - up to £50 p/h
Your new company
This is a public sector organisation based in South London. They own a vast and interesting portfolio which includes public buildings, schools, operational buildings, offices, libraries. They are now looking to recruit a major works project manager, to join their team, on a 3 month rolling basis, and manage a small team of surveyors.
Your new role
The main purpose of this role is: to manage complex projects involving co-ordination with consultants and contractors, financial and project planning, customer liaison and quality control. Commissioning, organising and project managing all aspects of major schemes and liaising with occupying departments to ensure the smooth implementation of the works and minimising any disruption to service delivery. To be responsible for providing feasibility studies and design solutions for building maintenance and minor and major works projects to ensure a seamless delivery, ensuring that budgets and resources are optimised to best effect and to drive value from the Organisation’s portfolio. Some of the duties include:
What you'll need to succeed
- To deliver full feasibility, design and contract administration services for building maintenance and minor works projects, making sure they are effectively managed, controlled and delivered on time.
- Prepare specifications, drawings using AUTOCAD.
- To ensure that all contract administration on Measured Term Contracts or similar contracts are carried out, by chairing pre contract and contract progress meetings and the timely issuing of the necessary contract forms.
- To build long-term, productive relationships with internal and external clients to understand their needs and act as a focal point for customer contact.
As the successful candidate you will need:
What you'll get in return
- Extensive experience in a similar role, working for a public sector organisation.
- Experience across a range of property portfolios, preferably including educational establishments and other public sector, commercial properties.
- Thorough knowledge of statutory standards for the management and maintenance of public buildings.
- Knowledge of procurement processes, relevant legislation and best practice, and of how these are applied to construction contracts.
- BS or PM Degree, ideally MRICS or equivalent working experience.
- Vast experience in: Client engagement, Project administration and management (Client side) Management; Feasibility studies; Site surveys; Development of schedules of works; Defects Investigation; Pre-Tender Estimates; Design, technical specification, preparation of AutoCAD drawings; Tender Documentation; tender evaluation and appointment of contractors; Contractor management (Client side); issue of certifications and invoice validation to final account; Contract financial reporting.
You will be working for a well established public sector organisation and will benefit from a competitive hourly rate as well as the possibility to work on a long assignment, finally you will be based in an area with great transportation links.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.