Cyber Analyst required for a Gov Dept. Initial remote working, then based between London and Milton Keynes.
** PLEASE NOTE – ONLY APPLICANTS WITH CURRENT AND ACTIVE SC OR DV CLEARANCE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
PLEASE STATE YOU HOLD SC OR DV CLEARANCE ON YOUR CV.
Your new company
A high profile Ministerial Government Department is currently working on a major cyber security uplift programme, for which they are seeking an experienced Cyber Security Analyst to join their team on an initial six month contract. This role will initially be set up for remote working and will then be based between two sites - London and Milton Keynes.
Your new role
Working in a team of Cyber Security Analysts, you will be responsible for providing security monitoring, security risk management and threat hunting across the organisation’s estate and systems. You will detect and close out issues and risk across IT and Security, as well as identify and escalate incidents and/or breaches.
You will also maintain audit schedules for internal and external audits as they relate to Information Security and coordinate remediation activities identified as part of any audit and/or due diligence activities.
What you'll need to succeed
You will offer a strong background in Cyber Security, with demonstrated experience in a similar role. With an in depth understanding of security technologies, you will also possess the following skills –
What you'll get in return
- Detailed experience in Microsoft security solutions
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and responding to cyber security threats
- A proficiency in using SIEM products and data analysis
- An understanding of security monitoring requirements including log source analysis, NetFlow PCAP etc.
- Working experience with Firewalls and other security products
- Flexibility to manage interdependencies
- The ability to present to senior stakeholders and consult with multiple stakeholders
In return you will join a well-known Government Department, in an exciting and varied role. This is an initial six month contract, with a high probability of extension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.