About the role
The Greenwood Academies Trust are looking to appoint an inspirational school leader to lead Nottingham Academy - Secondary, through its next phase of development.
Nottingham Academy is an aspirational and inclusive Academy for children aged 3 -19, and is lead by a Primary and Secondary Principal. The academy opened in 2011 in brand new state of the art buildings with capacity for 3780 students, making it the largest school in Europe. Through an inspirational and bespoke curriculum they facilitate great learning, exceptional progress and the development of character.
The new Principal will be an integral part of shaping the future direction of the Secondary Phase, working in conjunction with the Primary Principal, Senior Education Advisors, Students and Stakeholders to continue to develop a dynamic curriculum, promote effective teaching and learning and support the students and community to realise their high expectations. They will need to be suitably qualified, proactive, hardworking and compassionate and ensure our students are kept at the heart of all decisions.
The school is in an excellent position to address the challenges facing them and for the right candidate, this post offers an exceptional opportunity to build on current good practice whilst also bringing a fresh perspective to continue our improvement journey.
We’re looking for a Principal who has:
- Has a track record of success and proven leadership skills, with the strength of character and resilience to move the school to the next and succeeding levels;
- Has a clear focus on advancing effective teaching and learning;
- Has the ability to maintain and develop the partnerships between our school, our parents, our cluster schools, the Local Authority and the wider community.
- Has a passion to provide the best educational opportunities for all our pupils;
- Inspires and motivates pupils, staff, parents and Governors;
- Has a strong commitment to promote the wellbeing of all members of the school community.
In return we are proud to offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of a Multi Academy Trust that helps children to succeed, no matter what their background.
- Access to bespoke CPD from our Learning Alliance to enhance professional growth
- A happy, supportive and welcoming school with strong links to its community
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All adults employed by the Trust have a responsibility for data protection and have a duty to observe and follow the principles of the GDPR Regulations. The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
HOW TO APPLY
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role or to discuss the application process please contact Chris Gartner at Hays Leadership Appointments on 07595 646 645 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are more than welcome to visit the Academy. This can be organised by contacting Chris Gartner on 07595 646 645 or via email to email@example.com