Our client King is looking for C++ Developers.
King operates mobile games at a massive scale. With titles like Candy Crush, Bubble Witch and Farm Heroes our code runs on hundreds of millions of devices across the world.
Your role within our Kingdom
Tasks within the team vary greatly but include:
• Developing the SDK supporting the games developed at King
• Designing and implementing client side aspects of the features we support
• Collaborating with game teams to enable the features they want to build
• Working closely with King’s internal Java server frameworks
• Maintaining and improving our existing code base
As a new member of the team we offer a unique opportunity to be involved hands on and learn as you go. The wide responsibilities of the team give a wide array of challenges to conquer and King offers many opportunities for training and personal development.
Skills to create thrills
• A degree in Computer Science or similar
• 2-3 years experience programming in C++
• Experience programing network connectivity
• Interest in building reusable flexible APIs and libraries
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Experience working with mobile devices (Objective C & Android)
• Confidence working with Java and server side code
• Knowledge in Lua, C, C# Unity
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.